Thursday, February 16, 2012

Post #17: Next up to bat is...


Continuining my quest to analyze the "best" 50 game endings by Guiness.

49). Star wars: KOTOR
48). Rachet & Clank: a Crack in Time
47). Crysis 2
46). The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion



49). Star wars: KOTOR

Ehhh...didn't play it, but I have heard good things about it. It plays like Mass Effect, so if you like Mass Effect you might be interested in it's uhh..predecessor I guess. I remain neutral :|.

48). Rachet & Clank: a Crack in Time

I know enough about Rachet & Clank games to know that the ending, nor the story of this game is definitely not supposed to be on this list. Get outta here!

47). Crysis 2

Same as Rachet & Clank, Get the FUCKOUTTAHEYYEH.

46). The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

Finally! I game I have played! Unfortunately, this doesn't make the list either. The thing about Oblivion is that it is an enormous open-world rpg, fans of the series will know what I'm talking about. If you're unfamiliar, just know that you can play this game for 60+ hours without even touching the main storyline. While Oblivion is undoubtedly a great game, it's main quest is a bit lackluster in comparison to...say it's Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood questline. Heck, even some of the murder mystery quests have better endings than the main quest.  

SPOILERS

The ending for Oblivion consists of an awkward fight between two giant monsters, and while it does wrap up the story tidily, after a lengthy conversation with a person who awards you the title of "Champion of Cyrodil" and some dragon armor the game plops you back into the world. I dunno about you guys, but this left me feeling very unsatisfied and I felt like I'd just completed a rather lengthy, repetitive quest.

Verdict: GETOUTAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHEEERARER.



Tomorrow I'll be doing Cod:WAW, Star wars The Force Unleashed 2, and Half Life 2: Episode 2.


Have a song.

No comments:

Post a Comment