Thursday, May 31, 2012

I'm back!

So this is for an assignment with my Word of the Week group on facebook. The objective was to redraw a drawing we had done in the past. I decided to redraw this little gem...

 because I saw it peeking out from the closet. I must have drawn this when I was about ten..I still remember what I was going for though! I do believe this is a girl who just had magical powers bestowed upon her by a magic, purple gem.

This is my new version!

I only started drawing this yesterday, so it's not very far along, but I wanted to post it because it seems like one of those things that I'm going to leave hanging. I'm in a strange point in my life where I  "know better" (storytelling..who is she, where is she from, etc. what's in the background..etc...) but I'm still trying to work out the kinks to GET better! Instead of focusing on all that good stuff, I used this as a means to just kind of let loose and play around with digital painting :D this was extremely fun though, and I hope I can someday redraw this again to make it a fully fledged illustration!

No comments:

Post a Comment